Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Conceal Me Pretty!

My daughter shows me her eye patch.
I wonder how handy a face patch would be for this Mommy
those days I feel like giant pimples are taking over my life.
 Upside down, on the nose, lopsided: eye patches make for lots of giggles.
Thanks to our good friend L. for the party favor!
Oh, the woe of adult acne. Not to mention the appetizer plate of blemishes, scars, et cetera, one would like to cover up so they look somewhat fresh off the shelf when walking out the door. Some days I wake up and there are so many monstrosities on my face, I feel like I can't bear to leave the house. But of course I can't do that. Duty calls.

My daughter was playing with a pirate's eye patch the other day, and it occurred to me that sometimes that I wish I could just cover up those teen-aged red-dotted parts on my face with a big old piece of curtain and call it a day. But of course there's a better way that's not so Halloween. I mean spooky is good when you're doing it on purpose. But for everyday, let's show off the pretty and hide the pimply.


Concealer 1-2-3:

1) When you're dealing with light scarring and/or blemishes, try any of these of these concealers (from budget to splurge): Maybelline Cover Stick Corrector Concealer ($5), M.A.C. Cosmetics Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer ($17) , and Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer ($70). You can't go wrong with any of one of these. The Maybelline is a great, overall buy and product; the M.A.C. has the added benefit of sun protection and a slightly heavier finish, and therefore coverage; and the Cle de Peau is the Rolls-Royce of concealers -- its finish is superb.

2) It is okay to use concealer on top of pimples, just use ones that won't clog pores. None of the above recommended ones should. Also, I like to apply a little treatment on the area before the concealer goes on, e.g. something with benzoyl peroxide like Clearasil. This way, I know the pimple is being treated while being covered.

3) Make sure the concealer is blended well with your skin or foundation. Use disposable sponge wedges or rounds so that you don't transfer any unnecessary bacteria from your fingers to your face and/or affected areas.

-N.C.

Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.

1 comment:

sohyang said...

I like the funny and creative side of this post. I know.....even a tiny pimple used to bother me.