Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tuesday Tough and Pretty: Shelter Serra Watches and Purple Eyeshadow

Purplish eyes at the Gucci catwalks for Fall 2013
I have been getting so many complements on my rubber fake rolex of late. At meetings in Soho, on the beach when I was in Hawaii. No matter where, this watch is hot. AND, people think it tells the time - ha! But it doesn't. It just looks cool, and that's that. Which is why I say, get on this right now. They're light, easy to match an absolutely fun interpretation on the epic classic 70s standard watch. I love it in white. Get one now. You can even mix and match the pieces to make yours multicolored (check my instagram - sidebar on right- to see how I do it.)
My new accessory obssesion: the Fake Roley by Shelter Serra, $40

Now, what does this have to do with beauty you say?  The right accessories can balance out minimal makeup -- which is one of trends for the fall season. One of the looks I latched onto was the deep autumn colored eyeshadows. There were oranges and deep purples -- we're talking just layers of beautiful shadow and the rest of the face kept clean. Try shading your eyes with this Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in eggplant/muave shimmer ($38). Color in your entire lid form the middle of the lid out -- or one of my simple looks I love is to just dot the outer corners of your eyes with a round bigger eyeshadow brush, so you just have a pop of color at the outer edges. It's different, works as a highlighter and is something you can do in a hurry. And this particular look is great for Asian eyes.

Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo  ($38)

-- N.C.
Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.


No comments: