Friday, September 21, 2012

My Neccessities for Surviving Fashion Week


Within hours of returning from my blissful summer in Hawaii I was thrown right into covering the frenetic but yes, fun (I'm not complaining, trust me!) fashion week. It's exciting and filled with people I adore and great fashion, parties and whatnot, but party after show after event, it takes a lot out of you. And as a beauty and style influencer, a mother and someone, and just a health-conscious person, you've got to be smart about conserving energy and skin-conscious. This means lots of rest in between, good hydration and saying no to things when you're feeling run down. A lot like parenting, no? Here are some of my top items that kept me picture perfect and got me through the lights and brilliant whirlwind that is NYFW.

Nuun All Day Vitamin Enhanced Drink Tabs for All Day Hydration To prevent dehydration and getting sick, I carried these cool tablets around, conveniently packed in a small tube. They're packed with electrolytes, potassium and calcium and were designed for professional athletes -- and have no sugar! They also save plastic b/c you just slip them in your water bottle! (4 tubes/$24).


The contents of my vintage Hermes canvas bag dumped after NYFW finished: Key survival items were bandaids for ouchy heels, my favorite MakeUpForEver rouges, my new favorite BB Cream from Korean brand Skin Food (Peach Sake Pore BB Cream SPF 20 PA+), sticker rhinestone bindis for spicing up your makeup, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage concelear, my Muji multi-color pen, Hello Kitty bubble gum handwipes, TicTacs :-) extra earrings, and my vial of Kai Perfume Oil fragrance.
My new favorite toothpaste: Colgate Optic White; Makes your mouth mouthwash clean w/out the harshness of using one, + it whitens your teeth! I also carried the handy Colgate Optic White Wisps ($8/16) in my bag for the in-between moments when I needed a quick no-sink cleanse. They're a l'il toothbrush with a dental pick on the other side. What's not to love? Fresh breath is important!


--N.C.



Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.


No comments: