Friday, May 31, 2013

Playing with Eyeliner: Thursday Night w/ Richard Avedon

Richard Avedon w/ Sophia Loren in Rome 1966
As I prepared tonight for my editorial photo shoot this weekend-- packing my kit in ziplocks and satchels, washing my brushes and organizing my bag, I, per my routine, looked at images for inspiration (as well as any reference photos of the model(s) and makeup if needed). Today's single picture story is an inspiration that caught my eye by photographer Richard Avedon with Sophia Loren taken in Rome in 1966. 

I was practicing fine lines with a new eyeliner by Victoria's Secret VS Makeup Graphic Liner Pen -- which gets a NuyBeauty LIKE!;-) -- on my belly. No kidding. It was a nice bare surface to work on, while seamlessly watching an art documentary (Dirty Hands on artist David Choe)! And I thought of precision, clean lines, crispness... cat-eyes. Hence, Richard Avedon. So above is my makeup musing of the day. 

What do you think?

-- N.C.


No comments: