Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two Spring Fragrance Picks for Day and Night

When it comes to perfume, I'm picky, and have a sensitive nose. I don't like anything overpowering and on a day-to-day basis, I don't wear anything regularly. But a pretty perfume is one of those things that's just nice to have, and have on sometimes. We're all ladies right? I mean who doesn't love a delicate, glistening bottle on their vanity filled with something intoxicating, designed specifically to give allure?

So here are my two Spring Scent Picks

FOR DAY:

I recently came upon a beautiful scent by Annick Goutal -- who makes gorgeous fragrances -- her Eau d'Hadrien ($85/eau de toilette). I realized at some point I was spritzing it after working long hours at the computer before picking my daughter up from school, when I needed a pick-me-up. And its notes of grapefruit, cypress, and ylang ylang were completely enlivening me from the inside.

It's subtle but fresh. A day scent that is light and perfectly balanced in its citrus components -- it manages to not be too sharp. Lovely.

My Afternoon Pick-Me-Up Scent Trick: Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien

FOR NIGHT:

I've long sought a replacement for my true love scent, the long discontinued Helmut Lang fragrance that was unisex. However, recently I've turned to NARS Monoi Body Glow II Oil ($59) as my go-to night scent. I think it's become a new beauty habit because I'm getting a little bit of sheen on my skin, as well as a wafting of my Hawaiian roots with the Tahitian gardenia (LOVE!) and coconut (which are both macerated in the oil) all in one. The aroma brings me back home in the gentlest way!

I totally recommend it. Many tropical scents try to mimic the beach-like scents of Hawaii, but this one truly gets it right.
A true Hawaii Beach aroma experience -- NARS Monoi Body Glow II Oil

-- N.C.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep thinking I want to get the NARS body glow...will have to get for the summer:)

NuyBeauty said...

It's Hawaii-rrific

Cathy of Eyelash Conditioner said...

Well, i was in thinking of adding this to my list.

pheromones for women said...

I love the bottle design of these perfumes especially on the first photo. I am very pleased to see that you are putting so much of effort for encouraging the visitors to use this perfume. I love citrus scents too and hope to own this perfume soon. :)

eula_w