Monday, August 16, 2010

Healthy, Long Hair 101

For whatever reason, my hair was never long as a child. It never went past shoulder-length. I asked my mother once why this was so, and she insists that I was the one who always wanted it cut. I remember being suspicious of this response at the time. However, being a mother myself now, I realize that longer hair on a child can be harder to maintain. There are more tangles to be dealt with, more hair to wash and primp. Shorter hair is plain simpler.

Me, at age 3 perhaps, with my perennially shoulder-length hair.
Long-hair-story short, after countless hairstyles (some being entirely regrettable of course), I’ve settled on lengthier locks as a more permanent adult, look in the last few years.  And keeping the hair healthy is easy. Just make sure to get a haircut every three to six months to keep your shape and ends in good standing, and then follow my 1-2-3 in this quick two-minute video, and you’ll be on your way!





Healthy, Long Hair Tool Kit 1-2-3:

1) Conditioning: Pantene Pro-V Restore Beautiful Lengths Breakage Defense Conditioner ($6).
2) Detangling with a wide-toothed comb: Mebco Tortoise Shower Detangler ($2).
3) Dry-brushing: Frederic Fekkai Classic Brush ($95). Wet-brushing: Denman Paddle Brush ($12).


-N.C.

Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.

No comments: