Friday, August 27, 2010

Make-Up at My House

Every morning after my requisite coffee, I put make-up on. Sometimes a dab, sometimes more, but the average session takes between three to five minutes. Brushing my teeth and washing my face helps wake me up, but my morning make-up goes the distance by elevating me from blah and not composed, to bright and put together. I like the preening time in front of the mirror, no matter how brief. It's my little, one-on-one get-ready-today show.

But I do quite regularly have a very special guest on Morning Make-Up: my two-year-old daughter. She's usually too caught up in her own activities, walking back and forth while I stand at the vanity doing my thing. On occasion though, she stops by to see what's happening, and wants in on the affair. And this is how we do it.

Have a look!

Note: No make-up is actually ever applied to my daughter. I pretend by "fake-applying" with covered pencils or, e.g., by using sound effects to have her believe I'm brushing blush, when I really have it about an inch away from her cheeks.

Morning Make-Up 1-2-3:

1) I start with foundation or tinted moisturizer with SPF.
2) I work my way down the face, starting with the eyes. I fill my eyebrows in first, then apply mascara.
3) I then add blush to my cheeks and finish with lip color.

-N.C.

Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.

No comments: