Thursday, August 2, 2012

Scotch Tape DIY Couture Nails w/ Marisa Carmichael

Marisa Carmichael's Scotch Tape Design Nails: Red & Orange, Blue & Black w/ differing patterns
I see design nails everyday glinting and making a statement. But when I met editorial manicurist Marisa Carmichael at a magazine shoot we were doing, I was blown away by the chevrons she had done on herself. They were simple but eye-catching - bold but elegant. I immediately asked her to do a video with me. Something DIY that you could all do at home. She said she had just the thing. Check out her creative manicure and try it out at home. It's got a zillion possibilities. I even did it tonight with a 4-year old girl in five minutes! Hope you enjoy!



Marisa and me!
Favorite Products you should get for your DIY Scotch Tape Nails:

1) Zoya Nail Polishes (Marisa and I are both big fans!) -- the color varieties are always tremendous and the quality is wonderful. The polish remover used in the video is by Zoya ($10), and has a great salon style top dispensing system. Use it with the below brush for best results!

 2) Shu Uemura flat, synthetic, small eye brush for cleaning up your nail polish ($19). Shu Uemura brushes are a long-time favorite of mine for make-up, by far!

--N.C.
Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.

No comments: