Monday, August 27, 2012

The Best Frozen Hawaiian Drink: A Liliko'i Chi Chi, My Recipe

For NuyBeauty: A Bi-Island Beauty & Style Influencer's Life doesn't seem so bad, right?
The thoughts bounce off the stunning aquamarine harbor for me at Pier 9, Honolulu, HI. 
Photo by my 4-year old daughter.
Happy Monday! I've recently been thinking about becoming a bi-island beauty & style influencer -- figuring why not embrace both the islands I love so much and are my homes. I grew up in Honolulu, on the island of Oahu, and then made my home and career in fashion and beauty for years on Manhattan island. But as I miss paradise so much, and have spent some extended time here this summer, I am of the feeling that I'll spend just a few months here and there in Hawaii bringing and broadcasting to you what's so special about this cultural melting pot of international love and clever forged styles and beauty. What do you think? ;-) Plus: Do you know? I've actually now lived longer in NYC than in Oahu - GASP!

A little treat for today as I enjoy my last few days here before I fly back to my home in the Big City for Fashion Week, and to get my daughter to school : I've been experimenting with a little mixology! Fun, fun, fun. My friend Ning was here last week for a visit, and we fell in love with the historic Pagoda Restaurant's Chi Chi, what they call a Piña Colada in Hawaii.

I've been trying to recreate it, but came up with a slightly altered version that blends a bit more of the tropics than the usual pineapple and coconut. See what you think!

A Chi Chi, or better known as a Piña Colada, is uber satisfying on a hot summer day.
Or any day for that matter!

NuyBeauty's Liliko'i Chi Chi Recipe:

Ingredients For One Drink

3 oz. Sweetened Pineapple Juice (Dole Brand is best)
2 oz. Hawaiian Sun Liliko'i Passion Juice or, you can just use 5 oz. of the pineapple juice and then add 1-2 tbsp. or your desired amt. to taste of Aunty Liliko'i's Passion Fruit Syrup (which is multi-use for pancakes and glazed meats!)
1.5 oz. Coconut Cream
2 oz. Vodka of your choice
*Option to add 1/2-1 scoop of vanilla or coconut ice cream for an extra creamy delish treat!
1 cup Crushed Ice

Tools Needed: A Blender

Directions: Add all ingredients to the blender, adding the crushed ice last. Blend well until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.

TIP: *Fashion/beauty treatment for your glass: You can add a fancy twisted straw, a colored parasol and/or a sliced pineapple wedge as a garnish.

TIP: *Or, something I did to sweeten it just a tad w/out using ice cream or the syrup was to stick a natural fruit popsicle right into it. It added a splash of contrasting color and looks great.

Cheers!

--N.C.


Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.



No comments: