Monday, August 26, 2013

MOMS KNOW BEST: MY FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCTS 2013 from PARENTS MAGAZINE

2013 Mom Knows Best Beauty Awards: My Picks for Back To School Pretty!
For the last several years I've had the pleasure of judging the most practical, mom-friendly beauty products for Parents Magazine's Mom Knows Best Awards.

As a mom of one, I think a lot about lipstick, pressed powder and bronzer containers getting lost in my purse and how they survive against the rough and tumble of being tossed with lollipops, Barbie hair, beach sand and countless drawings, leaves, rocks, um, trash??? Bless my daughter but do all kids find random "jewels" and pebbles at school and at play and put them in your bag? Please - write and tell me!

My top pick this year was Elizabeth Arden's Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss (my preference was the nude, Cameo color ($18)). It has an amazing shea butter/vanilla smell that doesn't smell too overpowering and moisturizes well. It stays put on your lips w/out sticking to your hairstyle. The cap stays put so that no gooey color ends up all over your bag, and there's a perfectly sized mirror right along the main body of the gloss container.

It's a gorgeous gloss made for a refined, elegant and sophisticated woman -- no matter what undesired items your kid throws into your bag.

--N.C.

Disclaimer: Nuy Cho has no affiliation to any of the beauty companies mentioned on www.nuybeauty.com.

No comments: